Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday, July 10th, 2012


I know this is a day late.  But the new project had a slight delay.  There was a lot of cutting to get these small Log cabins made. They will be made into Bear Paw blocks.  This is the beginning of a Commissioned quilt for Glenda, my husband's sister.  She requested a quilt for herself using a pattern that I made with her mother, Alice.  It was a hard choice, but this quilt is talking to me saying, "MAKE ME"! It is a perfect quilt that combines Log cabin and Bear Paw blocks. The pattern is "Bears Need Homes, Too" from Evelyn Sloppy's book 'Log Cabin Fever'.  Glenda requested earth tones for her quilt.  My blue version of this last quilt we worked on is still in a box downstairs. 

Last week's DWM quilt is now in the Longarm being quilted. I decided to go with the Green border and the Red stripe is on the back. It emptied a bolt with just enough to make him a matching pillowcase.
Thanks for your nice comments last week. 

  I'm using black thread on the back and white on the front.
The pattern being quilted is by Anne Bright called "Swirling B2B".


There are many more links over at Patchworktimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated! We know you're looking. Thanks for taking time to Comment.